Uniquely amongst Scotland’s Non-Medical Help (NMH) providers, all HTS workers are qualified to at least SCQF Level 9. We implemented this recruitment quality criteria as our experience shows that 3rd level students thrive with support from fully qualified support workers who have studied to at least University Bachelor’s degree level themselves.
HTS also is also a Registered Body with Disclosure Scotland which means we receive organisational updates about tutor records rather than the tutors themselves. We have worked towards achieving this accreditation as the additional duties and responsibilities provide important safeguarding measures for students, Colleges/Universities and HTS.
Our Service Guarantee
1. Uniquely in Scotland, all HTS tutors, mentors and support workers are qualified to at least SCQF level 9.
2. All tutors either meet current DSA-QAG requirements or hold sufficient equivalent practical experience.
3. All tutors are PVG Scheme members and we undertake regular PVG updates for all our staff, in line with our additional reponsibilities as a Disclosure Scotland Registered Body.
4. All HTS tutors undergo a stringent recruitment process, including a 2-stage interview and written references from 2 work referees, prior to being allocated any students.
5. All HTS tutors, mentors and support workers must submit regular reports to HTS on how their support is progressing with each student.
Please contact us to discuss your NMH student support requirements today.