Home Tuition Scotland’s mission is to support independent learning for FE/HE students through the provision of dedicated, expert tutors and support workers.
We are an educational agency with a difference. Our Director has worked in the education, equalities and human rights field for over 25 years and is a qualified SpLD tutor and our staff team offers 61 years’ experience working in tertiary education and disabilities. As a result, HTS provides a service that prioritises students over profits.
We are focused on providing a transformative service for the students and clients we are lucky enough to work with.
Roddy McNulty is Director of Home Tuition Scotland. Roddy qualified with distinction as a SpLD specialist with Dyslexia Action in 2018.
Other career highlights include:
- HTS ranking first of six competitive tendering agencies for general non-medical help and first of nine for ASC mentor provision lots in Public Tender Award for Edinburgh College, 2019-2021
- Supporting 1000s of disabled and ASN students at Scotland’s FE Colleges and Universities since 2012
- Providing teacher recruitment to over a third of Scotland’s ASN, junior and senior independent schools since 2010
- Developing expert learning resources purchased by the Scottish Government Learning Directorate, distributed to every primary, secondary and ASN school in Scotland
- Co-ordinating national learning events, with participation of over 10% of Scottish schools
- Providing tutor training workshops for Continuing Professional Development
- HM Inspectorate of Education (HMIE) recommendations as a model of best inclusion teaching practice
- Teaching resources recommended by Education Scotland
- Helped to establish educational inclusion projects in other countries – including Wales, Denmark, The Netherlands and New Zealand.
All HTS NMH workers are qualified to at least SCQF Level 9. We have implemented this recruitment quality criteria as our experience shows that 3rd level students thrive with support from qualified support workers who have studied to at least University Bachelor’s degree level themselves. HTS also has Registered Body accreditation with Disclosure Scotland which means we receive organisational updates about tutor records rather than the tutors themselves. We have worked towards achieving this accreditation as it is an important additional safeguarding measure for students, clients and HTS.
We’re here for you