Since 2014, HTS has partnered with Scotland’s FE colleges and universities to provide qualified specialist tutors, ASC mentors, mental health mentors, note-takers and study assistants for disabled students.
All of our support workers are fully qualified, GTC Scotland-registered teachers and/or at least SCQF Level-9 qualified 3rd level support specialists. HTS is also a Disclosure Scotland-Registered Body and all tutors undergo stringent PVG Scheme checks and interview prior to working with any students.
Ranked no. 1* in tender process
- HTS is ranked* No 1 amongst competitive tendering agencies for ASC mentor provision and NMPH assessment lots in the Public Tender Award for Edinburgh College, 2023-2025.
- And No 1 for both general NMPH and ASC student support in the 2019-2-23 Edinburgh College public tender processes.
We provide a responsive, student-centred service and this is reflected in the results we achieve. In 2022-2023:
- 95% of students in receipt of HTS’ support described themselves as ‘very satisfied’ or ‘satisfied’ with their support.
- 98% of students used positive comments, such as ‘adaptable’, ‘encouraging’ and ‘supportive’ to describe their Support Worker.
- 97% of students said they would be ‘likely’ or ‘very likely’ to recommend HTS to a friend.
- See some of our tutor and support worker testimonials here.
We would greatly welcome the opportunity to demonstrate how we’ve achieved this record and discuss how we can help to meet your student support requirements. Please call 0131 6186036 for more information.
“Allowing a student with a hidden disability (ADHD, Anxiety, Dyslexia) to struggle academically or socially when all that is needed for success are appropriate accommodations and explicit instruction, is no different than failing to provide a ramp for a person in a wheelchair”